Monday, July 2, 2007

I've been tagged

OK, Sitka and Tia tagged me to talk about the human mom and dad. Really, they're not as important as me, but OK, I'll talk about them.
I'm their first husky. Now, of course, they're ruined for huskies forever, because none will be as perfect as me. Too bad for them.
Apparently they both always wanted a husky. They didn't know about rescues so they were going to go to a pet store (bad places, avoid 'em) to get a husky puppy.
The human mom went to the shelter with a friend who was getting a dog. They walk in, and look at the second cage on the left, and VOILA! It was me. I saw right away that I could train her well, so I wooed and looked cute a lot. She quickly called the human dad and told him about me. Adoption hours were over, so they came as soon as the shelter opened the next day to get me. I've been busy training them ever since.
They both are very active in rescue. They were two of the founding members of Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue. That means they take dogs from shelters and stuff and find good homes for them. Sometimes they come to stay here. Once I explain they're in Sashaville, and I'm the queen, things usually go well.
When they're not adoring me or doing rescue, my human mom is a nurse, and human dad does something called "environmental consulting". Whatever.
We live in Philadelphia, PA. They have known each other for 10 years and I've been with them for 8 years.
Recently the human mom's parents moved in with us, and that was a jackpot. THEY
are even better trained than my mom and dad. They give us treats anytime they go in the treat hallway, and are the keepers of the liverwurst treat we get at night.
I tag Girl Girl and Holly.

5 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Thanks for tagging me Sasha! My mom's mom is also a nurse! That's pretty cool! Sounds like your dad has an interesting job. I hope he is helping the environment, cuz from what I hear, it sure needs it these days!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is good when the grandparents come over. They are putty in our hands aren't they. Thanks for sharing your parents with us. how awesome that they are founders with Harnessed to Hope :)
Hugs,
Sitka

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Sasha. it's so nice that your parents got you. You must be their dream husky. :)

~ girl girl

Ferndoggle said...

What great parents you have Sasha...to start a rescue is no easy task! Sounds like you're in good hands.

Sherman

Sasha said...

Ooh, I forgot to tell you, Meeshka's human was also one of the founding members of HTHNBR! Just in case she forgets to tell you!