Friday, July 27, 2007

I tag everyone

I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but I want everyone who reads this to tell their story on their blog, so spread the word, OK?
How did you come to be with the humans you own?
I went to live with my humans in April of 1999. My human mom said she went to the Humane Society to help her sister in law pick out a dog. She wasn't looking for a dog for herself. Little did she know...
She and the human dad had planned on going to a pet store (can you believe it??) to get a Siberian Husky, because they didn't think there were purebred dogs in shelters. Geez, they are stupid.
She walked in, I was on the second cage to the left. Who can resist a beautiful, bi-eyed black and white Siberian Husky? I immediately pegged her as a human I could manipulate, so I decided I wanted to go home with her. I gave her The Look, and she was hooked. She walked up the aisle, then back down, and I kept looking at her.
Then she called the human dad and told him about me. Apparently adoption hours were over, so they came back first thing the next morning, as soon as the shelter opened.
I was at the shelter for a while, and they were talking about calling husky rescue to take me. So I took matters into my own hands.
They decided when I came home they weren't going to let any dogs up on the furniture. Guess how long THAT lasted.
I taught them all the proper Siberian Husky ways. I pulled on leash, I knocked over the big plant (3 times) and dug up the carpet behind the plant. I dug holes in the yard and snuck in next doors yard to play with their Beagle and their Boxer. I stole cantaloupe, fudge, Motrin, candles, books, phonebooks, and my human's wedding shoes 2 weeks before the wedding. I took their stuff off the tables and hid them under my chair.
Then, just when they would get totally frustrated with me, I would turn on the cute. The "pet me" look, the belly up for rubs...and they weren't mad anymore.
So, that's how I came to run Sashaville, here in Philadelphia.
What's your story?

4 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Great story - great idea for a post! Very nice to get to know you.

Thanks so much for voting for me, we're keeping our paws crossed that I stay in the lead!!!

Have a great weekend, hope you get some treats!

Johann

Kapp pack said...

Great story.....you can see our stories on our first couple of posts ever....

-Kelsey Ann

Bama said...

Hi Sasha,
Sorry, I tried to reply to your email, but for some reason it bounced back....stupid human typist, I'm sure.
Anywhooo,
We'd love to be linked to your page, it's kind of lonely on ours, but we're hoping it picks up a little after The blogathon (maybe a few more furballs will make their humans follow Queen Meeshka's link)....we really want to make lots of furry friends out here in cyberland, Thanks for introducing yourself, and it's very nice to meet you. Tell my stupid human slave how to reciprocate, and we'll be glad to add a link to you also.
(If she wasn't such a good slave, I'd trade her in on amodel with more technologoical skills...)
manykisses,
Bama & pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Oh wow, you have a great story! We're going to post our stories during Blogathon so be sure to watch our blog for them!!

Steve and Kat