Friday, January 11, 2008

Isis's adventure

I promised to tell you what Isis did the other week.
The Saturday before Christmas the humans put Isis and I in the car. We had to stop by the human dad's work, then we were going to the dog park! So we're at his work, wandering around, sniffing stuff. Suddenly, look at Isis's ear! It's all puffy, like she stuck a golf ball in it. The human mom immediately freaks and shows the human dad. They called our vet, who was closing, so we had to go to the ER vet. No dog park for us. Fantastic.
So we go to the ER with its slippery floor which I don't like ONE BIT. I like it even less when it's me getting checked out by the vet.
Turns out Isis has an aural hematoma, which is apparently an ear lump. The humans could either 1) have surgery to lance it, and it shouldn't come back. 2) have them stick a needle in and aspirate it, and it sometimes comes back or 3) do nothing and hope it goes away and doesn't come back. Option 1 sounded best to them, I guess. They didn't ask me, but I think they could've bought me a LOT of treats with what the surgery cost. Anyway, we left her there for a couple hours, and she came out looking really stupid. Her ear was totally shaved except a couple hairs at the top, her leg was shaved around in the middle, and she had a big collar on. Plus she just got pain medicine so she was dopier than usual.
Here is a picture of her in the car riding home.

5 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Yowie! But you should still get some treats! Lots of them, in fact!

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Happy New Year, Sasha! What a way for Isis to bring in the New Year wif an ouchie on her ear. Glad it could be taken care of. Since she got attention, you should be the one getting lots of treats.
-Cosmos-

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh poor isis. We hope she is feeling much better. I know all about that lampshade thing. I think the humans should wear it for a while and see what it's like.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

One Little Birdie said...

Poor Isis! We hope she's feeling better very soon. Ouchies are just no fun at all.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Poor Isis! I hope she gets better soon.

Steve